Wednesday, December 23, 2009

WOOHOO!

Guess who got three 4.0's and and one 3.5 this semester? That's right, ME. I am awesome. I would have gotten a 4.0 in that last class if I hadn't slacked off towards the end there, and I'm kind of kicking myself for it now. But whatever, I'll take it, that's still a good grade.

The reason I'm so excited other than the obvious (I mean who doesn't get excited about doing good in a class?) is because of a goal I set myself when I transferred over to UM-Flint. When I walked for my graduation from my 2 year college I had white chords and I was less than half of a point away from silver chords. Well this time I'm going to have gold chords when I walk next year.

My family was already proud that I graduated with honors, and my mom always has to brag to her friends, so when I graduate from UM-Flint with high honors she'll be saying "MY daughter graduated from the University of Michigan in Flint with HIGH honors." It cracks me up. She definitely enjoys having two kids she's proud of, because one thing I have never doubted is how proud of me my mom is for sticking with college and doing as well as I am.

Plus, it kind of gives me the warm fuzzies when my mom gives me that big hug and tells me how proud she is to have such an amazing daughter. I'm not perfect by any means, but it's nice to feel that unconditional love she has for me, because even if I was terrible in school and barely passing any of my classes she would still say the same thing. I have such an awesome mom.

No comments: