Monday, December 21, 2009

Eugoogoly

"Stand By Me" by Ben E. King

Today, I have an important post. I've written a eulogy in honor of a long time friend who was laid to rest last night and I felt the need to share it on my blog. Here goes:

For 4 years you stood by me through thick and thin. You were the best friend a girl could ask for, always around when I needed an escape from boredom or help with homework. You taught me the meaning of patience, although I admittedly didn't always listen. You showed me the true meaning of love and friendship.

We were two peas in a pod, you and I. Where one was, the other could always be found close by. We discovered endless amounts of music together. We laughed together, we cried together, we were perfect for each other. Even when we fought and had our differences, we forgave each other, never able to hold a grudge for long.

You were there for me when I learned what heartache truly was, and I was there for you when you were so sick with that terrible virus, sitting at your bedside or just holding you in my lap. And now my dear friend, I have to say goodbye forever.

As I write this, your hard drive is currently being reformatted and what once contained the mind and heart that defined you as Stella 1.0, now only holds the basic inner working parts of the best laptop there ever was. Your casing shall forever be a shell of what you once were, a distant reminder of the great times we had together. And while Stella 2.0 is amazing, she will never hold that special place in my heart that solely belongs to you. Don't forget me, dearest friend, as you join that great computer shop in the sky, for I shall never forget you.

In Honor Of Stella
July 14, 2005 - December 20, 2009
R.I.P



No comments: