Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Canada, Eh?

I remember a while back mentioning that I've been working with one of my Com. professors trying to get into an internship program for this summer.

I just got the good news that I was accepted into the program and I'm totally psyched. The internship is in Canada where I'll be working in parliament with CPAC, which is like the Canadian version of C-SPAN. But that's not why I'm excited, what has me all wound up is that I'll actually get real hands on video production experience.

The internship is only a month long and I'll be living in a dorm while I'm there, which I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to that one, but the idea that I'll have in the field experience is so exciting.

Since it is Parliament and all they're doing small background checks on those accepted, and as long as I pass everything is set for this summer. I'm sure I'll pass, since I know I don't have any warrants out for my arrest and I didn't escape from some loony bin. The only thing left to do is apply for a passport since I don't have one already.

Which bee tee dubya, have I mentioned how dumb it is that you need a passport to get into Canada? I wish they kept it like it used to be where Michigan residents could just use their driver's license, but nooo, the government has to have their money.

Anyway, this is kind of just a congratulations to me post because I'm super excited about the good news. Is it summer yet? No? Darn.

No comments: