Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Isn't It Ironic? Dontcha Think?

"Isn't It Ironic?" By Alanis Morissette

So as I was finishing up studying with my friends at the library, we got to talking about sports and the guy I mentioned earlier that I have all those classes with, brought up basketball. I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of watching the sport although I don't mind it, but I really don't follow my schools team or anything like I do with football.

Well, he said that the school was chartering a bus to drive down for the game this Saturday and asked if I was going. I said no I wasn't and asked where the game was going to be at.

"Kansas," he said.
I paused for a moment and then asked "Kansas as in KU or K-State?"
"KU."

At which point I started cracking up. And I don't mean a small chuckle but a full gut laugh. My friend looked at me like I lost my mind and asked what was so funny? I debated trying to explain the whole situation with him, but decided it wasn't worth the effort and just told him it was just an old joke I had with someone I used to know.

What I didn't tell him was KU's where my ex went to school. But that's not the funny part, the funny part was that when I realized Michigan is going to be playing Kansas, immediately something popped into my head that I had said to my ex when we were still together and it went something like "if our schools were to ever play each other I don't think our relationship would survive it."

Although, at the time I think I was talking about football, I can't remember. But just the irony that our schools are playing each other and we aren't together anymore had me cracking up. It's interesting how stuff just works out like that, and I'm glad I can see the humor in it, because it gave me a good laugh.

No comments: