Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday Madness

The holidays are definitely in full swing, especially if you work in retail. I've had to throw in the towel with Nano, I wasn't expecting to work nearly as much as I have been so in the past week I've had zero time to write more than a paragraph or two at a time. Tomorrow I have to work past midnight to help the store get ready for black Friday. I'm finally starting to get a taste of what it's going to be like after Christmas and I'm starting to dread it.

Working at customer service I have to deal with people's issues which wasn't so bad when I started back in September but as the customers get more, shall I say, unique? Eccentric, maybe. I feel like I'm starting to lose my mind. Working out on the floor was so easy, I just had to help people find what they needed and I was done. Now I'm starting to think to myself, "really? I asked to move up to customer service???" Haha, and I'm sure the nice raise I got was a great incentive but some days it's just not worth it.

Oh well, it'll be a nice relief when things calm down after the holiday returns are done. So for now my posting is probably going to be a bit irregular depending on my work schedule and if I just crash on my days off to recuperate.

No comments: