Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NaNoWriMo Complex

I've been writing a bit for NaNoWriMo and I have to say, this "no editing" thing is driving me crazy. I'm the type of writer that has to go back and read and reread everything, editing the mistakes before moving on. But with NaNo the concentration is on word count not the quality of writing and it just bugs me so damn much that half of what I've written is jumbled and runs on sometimes. I try to force myself not to look at it so I don't start tweaking out.

In the end decided to go with the new story idea I came up with a day before NaNo started, and I'm kind of glad I did. It's been a lot of fun writing it because every time a new idea for the story pops into my head I just go with it. I have absolutely no plot to this story, I don't know where it's going and I have no clue how it's going to end, but I do know how it begins. So as a teaser here's the first sentence to my novel.

"Life is never predictable, especially when you wake up, dead in a morgue for the third time this week."

Ah, I see now that you are intrigued. So am I! It's going to be a fun ride.

No comments: