Sunday, October 4, 2009

Holy Hot Girls on Skates Batman!

Tune Wedgie of the Day: "It Won't Be Long" By Evan Rachel Wood (Soundtrack for Across the Universe[I know, I know a cover of the Beatles can never best the original, but this is the one stuck in my head right now.])

I'm sorry my dear blog, I know I've been away for far too long, but I've been such a busy girl. Do you forgive me? Of course you do, because no one can resist the puppy dog eyes.

Tonight I took a bite out of my busy schedule of class and work, and homework, to go see "Whip-It" at the theater tonight. I have one word to say....AWESOMENESS! Ellen Page was of course hot and adorable as usual. And as young as she looks I'm eternally grateful to know via IMDB.com that she is in fact older than I am, giving me complete and total permission to drool and fantasize and dream.

In other news, I actually had I date tonight, which is why I was out late even though I have to work early tomorrow.

Wait.

Rewind.

Play.

Yes, I just said that, I had a date. Technically, I guess it would be a second date. It's kind of weird to say "I went on a date." I don't date. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that things haven't worked out for me like that. Usually, it's getting drunk at a party, meeting a girl, making out....heavily, throw in some groping, and I go home, forget about most of it the next morning and do it all again at the next party. Though, to be completely honest it's been way too long since I've even done that. 3 years of thinking you're in love with someone halfway across the country will do that to a girl. Thank the almighty sock puppet in the sky I finally came to my senses.

Dating is definitely an interesting experience. The girl I went out with is nice, we'll go out again the next time we can get our schedules to match up since we're both really busy with school and work. I'm just not used to having such thought clarity when I'm "dating" someone. Making out with drunk girls was just that, making out and having fun while not always having good judgment, but not really caring. I blame the alcohol, and the teenage rebellion, that's a powerful concoction.

Being in love also completely impairs your judgment as well. I didn't realize how blind I was until I finally let go. Seriously, love is worse than alcohol. I stuck a lid on that bottle and put it in the very, very back of my closet shelf with absolutely no intention of touching it for a long time.

Which brings me back to Date Girl. We get along well, we're a lot alike and probably have a lot in common, she even gets my sense of humor. But I think what I like the most, is that we're both going to move on after this. One day she's going to be a faint memory of someone I dated for a little bit while I was in college, and I think that means more to me than any head over heels, blindly in love relationship could ever be.

Unlike the typical lesbian stereo-type, I'm not a Uhauler. I don't confess undying love on the second date, I don't even confess like, just interest. I want to enjoy the moment. I don't want the burden of a future or a past. Just the now. And I'm going to carry it to wherever it leads me.

No comments: