Thursday, October 29, 2009

Organ Donor

I think every time I'm in my Communication Theory class something always happens that is worthy quotable material. Most of that is because my professor is freaking hilarious and the rest is because my classmates are quirky and funny as well.

Today, our lecture was on how biology affects communication between people. Somewhere during the lecture we got onto the top of organ donation and this discussion took place between my professor and a student in my class.

Professor: Studies have shown that people who have had organ transplants incorporate the DNA of that organ into their genetic make up.
Student: So you're saying if you gave me your organ I would become more like you?
Professor: In a sense yes. If I were to put my organ in you........(the class starts laughing).....That did not come out right, let me try again....If I were to give you my organ......(more laughter)......I can't even say organ anymore. Okay moving on.

Some of the things that come out of that professor's mouth are the funniest stuff I have ever heard. He should really give stand up a try, he would be a complete success.

After the whole organ giving thing the class kind of lost focus and we went on to quoting "The Princess Bride". Which by the way, BEST MOVIE EVER. Anyone who can quote lines from that movie becomes my instant BFF.

No comments: