Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Scholarships are fun fun fun!

Scholarship applications are going to be starting soon for next fall and I need to get on that. I always feel completely inadequate whenever I fill them out, like there's something more that I should be doing.

For example, whenever I come to the volunteer section I always feel a bit of regret that I never have anything to put down. Between school and work I just don't have the time to go out and volunteer to help repair houses or work with kids or whatever else. I used to be able to volunteer for the newspaper at my old 2 year college and that counted because we weren't paid and I could do it on my own personal time. So far I haven't been able to find anything else flexible like that.

I also struggle with the essay section, I'm good at writing papers but when it comes to essays about myself I kinda suck. So here's to attempting to get free money. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I'll qualify for a few scholarships for next year and I won't have to take out a million loans to pay for school.

No comments: