Friday, October 30, 2009

Like a Lost Puppy

Whenever I'm online and run out of things to search or read or browse through on the internet, I always feel like a lost puppy. It's like I'm sitting there, randomly clicking links to blogs or websites I've already gone over and read, but I don't know what to do next. Like there's this part of me that absolutely refuses to believe there's nothing left to do but close the lid on my laptop and find something non-internet related to entertain myself with.

Usually, when this happens and I have no homework to do (sometimes I do it even when I have homework to do, thanks a lot procrastination) I'll catch up on the shows I miss while I'm at work or studying. It's just such a strange feeling when I'm all caught up on my shows, and up to date on all the topics that interest me.

I wonder if this is what addiction feels like. When you're without your drug of choice, do you have that constantly nagging feeling of "I need more!" I would imagine so, otherwise why else would people be addicts.

Oh boy, I guess I need to start going to meetings or something to help kick the addiction. Maybe I should sign up for Internet Addicts Anonymous. Then again, if I did, I probably wouldn't be allowed to blog anymore. So on second thought, no, I'll just stick with this lost puppy feeling.

Wait! I just got an update on my google reader, I have post to read on someone else's blog. Whew, all is right in my world once again.

No comments: