Monday, October 26, 2009

Brain Infatuation

Whenever someone asks me "What's your type?" I always hesitate to give them my answer. Because the truth is, I really don't haven a specific type of girl I'm interested in. It all depends on the personality of the person. And when I say that, I get this look that says, "Yeah. Right." Granted, I understand that physical attraction is crucial for a first impression, but first impressions are wrong 95% of the time anyway.

Now if I were to describe one trait that each girl I've had an attraction for possessed then I would say it is intelligence. Although sense of humor is a very close second, I have a thing for girls with brains. And I don't mean genius level intelligence, I'm talking about someone who actually takes an interest in academia of any kind. I like girls that can form their own opinions and argue their side of the issue. For awhile now I've kind of had an inside joke with myself because I call it brain infatuation.

Recently, I noticed that I was starting to form just such an infatuation for one of my Comm. professors. I'll be honest, on the first day of class my first thought was that she is extremely cute. Hey, I said I didn't have a specific type, not that I was blind. She's attractive in that I-don't-know-I'm-attractive kind of way. As she started the lecture, my second thought was that she really knew what she was talking about, she wasn't just reading out of the book to us. And every day since then she has just confirmed to me more and more how intelligent she is, not just that since she has a PhD of course she's smart, but smart in a well rounded way that she can actually apply her knowledge so that her students understand what she's teaching.

I've also been spending one-on-one time with her as well because she's trying to help me get involved in an internship program for this summer, and so I have been able to see what she's like outside of the classroom. Then, last week it finally hit me that I'm totally infatuated with this ladies mind. It made me wish she were a student so that I could appropriately ask if she wanted to hang out giving me the opportunity to pick her brain about other topics than just Communications.

No comments: