Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Me Gusta La Musica!

Tune Wedgie of the Day: "El Rey Tiburon" By Mana

I don't know if I've mentioned it previously, but one of the classes I'm taking this semester is Spanish. My major requires two semesters of a language and since Spanish is supposed to be one of the easiest languages to learn and this will be my second attempt at learning Spanish, I figured what the hell, might as well.

So far things are going okay, but it's only the first semester, come second semester I'll probably be dying to be over with it. Languages just aren't my thing, I have a really hard time grasping the grammar concepts. It was hard enough learning them in English in grade school now I have to learn it in a different language?! What the eff man? What. The. Eff.

One of the cool things that my professor does differently from my other classes is at the beginning of every class she plays a some-what popular Spanish song. It's the same song for about three weeks, and at first it was kind of annoying because the first song was something lame and kind of boring by Nelly Furtado. No offense to any of her fans, I just didn't like the song.

The latest song she is playing I like much much better. It's called "El Rey Tiburon" by Mana, the name translates to "The Shark King." It has a really good beat to it and the lyrics are kind of funny in a weird sort of way. Not very often does a song make me want to dance, but every time I hear this song it makes me want to get up and do the cha-cha. Not that I CAN do the cha-cha. Well, not that I can dance at all really.

Anyway, here is the music video I found on YouTube for your listening and viewing pleasure. Even if you don't think the song will be your typical music style, it's definitely worth a listen at least once.

No comments: