Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where has the time gone?!

Tune Wedie of the Day: "All I Wanted" by Paramore

It's already the middle of October! Whaaaaaaaaaa? How did that happen? Where has the time gone? I feel like I blinked and the past two weeks have flown by. I think being constantly busy has something to do with time going by so quickly. On one hand it's a good thing, I love being busy, but on the other hand, that means mid-terms are getting closer and I'm so not ready for them.

As usual, I've been slammed with school and work. I kind of wish I wasn't so busy so that I had more time to blog, it's my de-stresser and a time where I actually get to write for my own pleasure without a deadline.

On Tuesdays I have three classes and my last class of the day is one of the best classes I've taken in my college career. The class is basically about communication theory and it's really interesting, but what makes it so great is my professor. He is one of the funniest guys ever, he gets the entire class laughing every day which is part of what makes the class so fun.

Today, halfway through class, our building lost power. My professor stopped mid lecture and waits to see if an alarm is going to go off in case the power outage was caused by a fire or something. After standing in front of the class in silence for about 30 seconds he goes "Well I guess the buildings not on fire, so we can continue." Someone from the back of the classroom shouts, "Wait, we just lost power!" and another girl blurts out "And the internet went out too!" My professor stops for a moment and looks at them both, and in perfect comedic timing goes, "Well duuuuuh, what did you think would happen when the power goes out?" Gotta love college students and their incredible ability to state the obvious.

In other news, I picked up the new Paramore album last week. It was love at first listen. Paramore is by far one of my all time favorite bands, and their new album does not disappoint. A few favorites I've been listening to on repeat are "The Only Exception" "Misguided Ghosts" and "Brick by Boring Brick." The first two songs I mentioned are awesome because if you've been a fan of Paramore for a while, then you can hear how they're trying to grow as a band and expand their sound. The last one I like because it's classic Paramore. "Brick by Boring Brick" is true to their original sound, a perfect mixture of catchy guitar riffs, Haley's vocals and story telling lyrics, you can never go wrong with that.

Unfortunately, I'm off to bed my dear blog, I have class bright and early in the morning and thanks to some anxiety induced nightmares I am in desperate need of a good night's sleep. I'll be back this weekend, I promise.

No comments: