Monday, January 11, 2010

Romanticism

Yes, I am updating my blog at 5am. Surprised? So am I! You might be asking yourself, "Why is this strange girl awake so early and updating her blog, no less?" I shall tell you.

The truth of the matter is, I procrastinated. I procrastinated like I knew I would, rather than doing my homework on time I enjoyed my last bit of freedom before getting down to business on writing this paper. Only this time, procrastination has come to bite me in the ass.

If I knew procrastinating would cause such a problem, then why did I do it? Well the answer, I'm sorry to say, is because I didn't realize I would have such a problem writing this paper. The paper is for an English class. So, automatically, I scoffed at the idea of writing the paper early. English is a breeze for me so the mere thought of taking the time to start one early is laughable when I can have it done from start to finish in a couple hours. Less time if it's only a one-pager like this one is supposed to be.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't bother to check and see what the topic of the paper is. For this paper I'm supposed to explain why Henry Wadsworth Longfellow is a romantic.

Other than the time he wrote in and the subject of his poems, I have no idea what to write this paper on. I couldn't even solidly define Romanticism if my life depended on it.

Can you make a case for why Longfellow is a romantic? If you can, I am so your new best friend.

So here I am procrastinating even more with this paper...I'm totally screwed.

No comments: