Thursday, January 7, 2010

Buffy Season 8

A couple weeks ago I finished my Buffy marathon I had going with Netflix and decided to pick up a few of the Buffy Season 8 TPB's. I read the first volume a year or so ago and really liked it because I felt it stayed true to the characters and the whole Buffy universe.

SPOILER ALERT

If you haven't read to Vol. 3 of Season 8 you'll want to skip the rest of this post.

I kind of have a bone to pick with Vol. 3, because in it there's a story line where Buffy has a brief fling with one of her slayer recruits which I wasn't really a fan of. Don't get me wrong I'm all up for lesbian goodness. I mean hello, Willow and Tara are still my all time favorite couple. But I think having Buffy sleep with a girl is a bit of a stretch. Through out the entire series she's always been completely hetero without the least bit of a hint at the possibility of her jumping fences.

To have her casually sleeping with a girl just doesn't seem true to her character. Y
es, I understand the whole concept of sexuality being fluid, and yes, I realize this is just a comic I'm talking about, but that's just where I stand on the whole topic there. God it has never been more obvious how much of a geek I am. Oy.

No comments: