Sunday, January 24, 2010

Friends Don't Let Friends Floss Drunk

Finally, a real update! Sorry for the lack of posting this past week or so. For some strange reason I've actually had a social life lately and the time I used to blog is now the time I use to do my homework.

I will say, I have missed posting almost everyday, but I've also really enjoyed having a social life once again.

Last night I went to a party my friend's roommate was throwing and had more fun than I've had in a long time. I almost didn't go because I had already partied earlier this week with a different group and that didn't end so well, tons of drama.

And as it turns out I knew a couple people at the party from school, even my friend's roommate, who I thought I hadn't met before, was in one of my classes I had at my first college. Although, I never got the chance to know him in class since we sat on opposite sides of the room, he turned out to be a really cool guy and an awesome drink maker.

The highlight of the night was when I got to play beer pong for the first time, and even being drunk, I was surprisingly good at it. The girl I played with was really good too so she and I won quite a few games.

One of the things I love the most about partying is watching all the drunk people. They're hilarious. I have such a bad habit of people watching, that when I'm at a party I usually pick a spot in the room and just chill there watching everyone. Which, sounds kind of creepy, now that I think about it, but I love seeing the different group dynamics and how people interact with one another. Last night though, I caught myself and made sure I actually socialized instead of watching people like a creeper. My friend also helped by introducing me to everyone as her music soul mate, since we have the exact same taste in music, and that kicked off some good conversations about music.

Something I did notice that had me laughing was how towards the end of the night (I'm using the word "night" liberally here when really it was more like 4 in the morning) when everyone was completely schwasted "I love you's" were being thrown around like crazy. I saw this random chick about ready to pass out in the hallway so I brought her a bottle of water and made her drink it before pulling her up onto a couch and her response was to hug me and say "Thank you, I love you so much, you're like my best friend in the whole world" repeatedly, which is even funnier since I had never met her before that night and I don't even know what her name was. But being drunk off my ass as well I responded in kind with "I love you too's" and hugged her back. While at the same time, my friend was telling her roommate she loved him and a couple of guys were slapping each other on the back with the typical male "I love you, man."

After all of the "I love you's" were done going around, things started to wind down. Some people disappeared to bedrooms to crash, others decided they wanted food so they went to the kitchen to cook something. By that time I was pretty tired so I sat down on the couch and promptly passed out. I woke up a few hours later in the exact same sitting position I sat down in, covered in a blanket and still wearing some guy's hat I forgot my friend had put on me earlier that night. I was sobered up enough to drive home where I chugged a couple bottles of water and passed out again, this time in bed. It was a great end to a great night.

The one lesson I learned though, was don't fucking floss when you're drunk. Bad idea. At one point that night we were all doing shots of tequila with lime, and I got some lime stuck in my teeth and it was driving me nuts. I had remembered seeing dental floss in my friends bathroom earlier and went hunting for it and managed to jack up one side of my gums flossing the lime out, and now it's all swollen.

So children, the moral of this story is DON'T FLOSS DRUNK!

Oh and p. to the muthafuckin s. I probably avoided making the biggest mistake of my life and didn't drunk text anyone! I'm so proud of myself. I reached for my phone a couple of times, but sheer will power won out. I'm amazing.

No comments: