Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Reflections and Resolutions

The beginning of the year is always a great time for reflecting on the past and making resolutions for the coming year.

When I think about the past year, 2009 wasn't the greatest of years, but it was a year of valuable lessons learned and personal growth. I'm not the same person now as I was this time last year, and I won't be the same person a year from now. But each bit of change will be one step forward, because I refuse to go backwards anymore. My past is behind me and all I have to do now, is look ahead and follow the path I have laid out for myself.

I am proud of who I've become. I'm stronger and more focused now than I have ever been before. I can finally see the future I've been working so hard to achieve coming to life. I'm going places, and I won't allow anything to get in the way of that.

This is my resolution for 2010. I resolve to have a year of positive growth, of leaps and bounds forward in my schooling and career. I resolve to not let the little things get to me. To stop seeing myself in such a negative light, and realize what a truly amazing person I am.

2010 is going to be a great year, I can feel it.

No comments: