Saturday, January 23, 2010

Orianthi



Wow. I'll take one of her please with a side of fries, thanks.

One thing is for sure, that girl can rock a guitar. From what I've heard of her music she's incredibly talented on the guitar, but her lyrics are only so-so. Which is a bummer because I was going to buy her album until I saw how weak her lyrics were and some of the new toy shininess wore off.

Now, I know of one song that was not written by her, "According to You" being written by Steve Diamond. Even so, the obvious targeting of the younger teens and tweens and lack of complexity in her lyrics just doesn't do it for me. I need subtext, I need a message between the lines, I need emotion, not just the obvious "you broke my heart and now I'm going to sing about it word for word" surface type junk. Maybe, when she's not such a shiny new mainstream-toy she'll be able to mature her sound a bit.

Until then, I'll be watching what stuff she has on YouTube and soaking up the kick ass guitar solos and how incredibly awesome she is. Btw, she's Australian so her accent just makes her doubly attractive.



Sigh, I'm totally smitten.

If you're interested in reading more about her, this is a great article that goes into more of a break down of her music.

No comments: