Sunday, January 31, 2010

Party On, Excellent!

This is a story of a girl.

Before you go jumping to conclusions, this girl is not me...

Earlier this week I posted about my friend and her roommate throwing a party that I went to and had a blast at. Apparently, they have parties every Saturday. So guess where I was tonight? You're right! I was at my friends party, again.

This one was more of a get together than an all out party. Everybody mostly just hung out talking and playing beer pong, minus the beer. Although, there was a little bit of drinking, no one was completely wasted like last time.

But for some reason this time was different for me. You might ask yourself, why is that, Amanda? I shall tell you.

I saw said girl sitting on a couch next to her friend at the party, and what caught my attention was her personality. It's kind of hard to explain, she made slightly snarky, yet intelligent comments. She had a sharp, yet dry sense of humor, slightly reminiscent of Ellen Page. Her personality was completely unique from everyone else at the party.

Not only was she funny, but she was incredibly cute. I mean woah cute, in that alternative-punk-rock-but-i'm-not-trying-to-be-punk-rock-kind-of-way-with-over-sized-glasses-and-a-keffiyeh-scarf-around-my-neck, kind of way. (What is it with the hipster kids these days and their keffiyeh scarves? Don't they realize it looks ridiculous wearing a scarf indoors with a t-shirt on?)

(Disclaimer: No, she did not look anything like the model in this picture, this is just a reference to keffiyeh's.)

Anyway, she was the only at the party who could actually pull it off, and I'm not just saying that because I thought she was attractive, she really was the ONLY one who didn't look ridiculous wearing it.

Right about the point when I was thinking to myself, "Could you BE anymore attracted to this girl?" she picked up a guitar and started playing it. And I don't mean, randomly strumming, I mean full on playing Jason Mraz, and singing "I'm Yours". At that point I could have died and gone to heaven knowing I found the complete embodiment of my ideal girl.

After she was done singing, I tried to think up a way to talk to her, restlessly shifting from foot to foot. That's when it hit me, I can't remember the last time I was actually attracted to someone. I'm not talking about the whole "oh, yeah, she's hot" kind of way, I mean the, "wow, I REALLY want to get to know this girl more" type of situation. At that point I was struck by another realization, "why didn't I go over and talk to her and introduce myself? was I feeling shy? Or just nervous? Since when the fuck am I shy?! How the hell did that happen? WHEN did that happen? FUCK! Where has my self confidence gone??? Has it really been that long since you've put the moves on a girl you were attracted to?"

Sadly, the answer that last question to myself was, yes. It's really been that long. I was so focused on my inner monologue that when something caught my attention and I looked up to find this girl standing directly in front of me, I froze like a deer caught in headlights.

I present to you the wonderfully, brilliant, amazing conversation that took place:

Her: "Excuse me."
Me: *Confused silence*
Her: "I need to get into the fridge."
Me: "Oh, sorry." *Shuffle to the right a bit*
Her: "Thanks."
Me: "You're welcome."

By George, just call me the next fucking Shakespeare in the making. God when did I become so lame?

Just to quell your curiosity, no, aside from the refrigerator interlude, I did not work up the courage to actually talk to her. FML.

No comments: