Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tune Wedgie

What's a tune wedgie? According to Urban Dictionary, it is defined as a song or advertising jingle that gets annoyingly stuck in your head. The definition is kind of obvious once you think about it, but I love the term "Tune Wedgie", I find it very amusing.

While I may not use the term very often, I do constantly get tune wedgies in my head. Sometimes they can last for weeks, other times it only lasts for a day, but either way, they can get annoying. Especially the ones that last for more than a day or two.

My latest tune wedgie has been "I Wanna" by All-American Rejects. They have always been a favorite band of mine, but I never seem to bring myself to buying any of their albums, I don't know why, it's probably a procrastination thing. But whenever I do hear their music the song or songs pop into my brain periodically through out the rest of my day until I've moved onto the next tune I'm humming.

With "I Wanna" the song has remained persistently tune wedgied into my brain. I cannot for the life of me get it out, it just happens to be a very catchy song, and it's the catchy ones that are the toughest to get rid of. At least it's a song I like considering I've been humming for the past week or so. I finally broke down and bought the album a couple days ago in hopes that it will help remove the wedgie, so far no luck.

No comments: