Monday, September 14, 2009

Peeing in a Cup and Other Shenanigans

Tune Wedgie of the Day: "Coin-Operated Boy" By The Dresden Dolls

Today I had to go take a drug test for my new job. It's the very first time I've ever had a drug test and I have to be honest, it's not something I'd want to do all the time. I mean, it's kinda hard to pee in a cup, especially when the nurse or whoever she was is banging on the bathroom door telling you to hurry up. I felt like yelling back "I have shy pee dammit and you are not helping!" So, fan of drug tests, yay or nay. Nay.

On the up side I got to have coffee with a potential coffee buddy. It's always interesting when you're just getting to know people, learning about them and getting the cliff notes version of their life story. The only problem with me is sometimes I prefer to listen to other people talk rather than talk about myself, which probably makes me seem uninteresting but I really do enjoy sitting back and observing. For the most part I don't think the girl thought I was a total loser, which is always a good thing. So here's to making new friends!

No comments: