Monday, September 7, 2009

School Is Back in Boys and Girls

I've always been the weird child who at the end of every summer, eagerly awaits the ringing of the bell that signals the beginning of the first day of school. Now that I'm in college I can honestly say I don't miss the bell but I do look forward to the first day of class in the Fall semester. There's just something about walking back on campus after such a long break and navigating your way through halls and walk ways filled with students and into a classroom you'll share for the next 15 weeks with people you've most likely never met before.

Although, this time is different for me. I've transferred colleges over the summer and now it's that much more exciting since I feel like it's my first day of college all over again. I have an entirely new campus to learn, which is much bigger than the last campus I was on.

Part of the reason I'm always so excited for classes to start again is that going to college gives me a sense of purpose in my life. When summer break rolls around, I always feel like everything comes to a stand still and the only thing passing is the time. With so much free time on my hands I get bored easily.

So here's to the first day of the school year, I'll probably be dying for a break from all the homework come the holidays, but for now I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

No comments: