Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Could Quote You Buffy All Day Long



I don't think I've expressed my love for Buffy the Vampire Slayer enough on this blog. Just so you can grasp the enormity of my love for that show I'll elaborate. I Fucking LOVE that show. Elaborate enough for you?

I love Joss Whedon's writing, yes even the campy first season stuff. I loved the acting, yes even the campy acting. I loved the crappy special effects. I loved it all! And I still do, forget that past tense ridiculousness, I lovelovelovelovelove, less than three multiplied by a sideways eight, LOVE Buffy.

Part of it was because when it came to BtVS I had something I could relate to as a teenager. And no it wasn't the vampire slaying, although that would have been cool. It was the characters and the stories.
I remember the first time I saw Tara and Willow as a couple a little light bulb kind of went DING! and it gave me a window into a part of myself I was just beginning to question. So, naturally, I was (SPOILER ALERT!) devastated when Tara died, but part of that was because of my strong attachment to the character and what she meant to the show.

And thanks to Neflix's instant streaming I have all 7 seasons at the tip of my fingers, literally. Since I've had Netflix I've watched through the entire series a minimum of five times. I can't even count how many times I've seen some of my favorite episodes (re: The ones with Tara and Willow).

Most likely, it'll come as no surprise to you that I have Buffy quotes going through my head all day long. Especially, now that I just finished watching season 5 (Glory had such great lines).

I was at work today, and this guy comes up to my counter and I saw he had a laptop in his hand. I asked him if he needed to see the "Nerd Herd" and he said yes, but he also had a return. So he goes "You know, two birds, one stone." And I cracked up, because in my head I finished the line with "BAM! You have yummy dead birds," a la Glory from season 5. The guy kind of looked at me like okay that wasn't really funny but I'll laugh too. Good stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the same disorder.
I actually came across your post here because I was writing a post about how a carbon tax could help with national debt and climate change, and... Two birds... one stone...
http://drpongo.wordpress.com/2011/07/29/could-a-carbon-tax-help-solve-our-budget-woes-grist/
Hmmm, does this make me the Big Bad? Hope not.