Monday, January 3, 2011

Conversations With My Mother

Ever since I was a kid I've always had this knack for knowing exactly what to say to traumatize my mom or get a really funny reaction out of her.

I was on the phone with my mom and I mentioned wanting to see the movie Black Swan.

Me: Natalie Portman is in it, I love her, but anyway rumor has it she has sex with her understudy or something like that.
My mom: Oh, boy.
Me: Well you know me, Natalie Portman and lesbian sex, I'm so there.
My mom: *silence then a lot of coughing*
Me: Are you okay?
My mom: You just made me choke on my drink!

It was all very amusing, I try to give her an "Oh jeez my daughter is ridiculous" moment every time I talk to her. You know, gotta keep her on her toes and all. Heaven forbid she starts thinking I'm an adult.

No comments: