Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christina Perri - Another Music Post

I know I just posted last night about Automatic Loveletter but oh well. I have found a gem of a musician and I am in lurve with her songwriting. Christina Perri.

You've probably heard of her, she debuted her song "Jar of Hearts" on So You Think You Can Dance this summer that blew up the charts. I heard it on the radio for the first time yesterday and was hooked. Her voice has a smokey quality and the song had emotional impact that immediately caught my attention.



So last night, while I should have been dreaming, I scoured the internet for more of her music since she doesn't have an album out anywhere and I hit a gold mine. She has a Youtube page that she posted a ton of her music to and WOW. I thought "Jar of Hearts" was good, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. This girl has a talent for songwriting that reminds me so much of Sara Bareilles. And you know me I love anything and everything Sara Bareilles related.

I noticed a lot of what she writes on guitar is more centered around the lyrics, but what she writes on piano is amazing. Two of the songs she wrote for piano immediately became my favorites the moment I heard and I was so torn that they're not available for download anywhere. It kills me that this much talent can not be in my iTunes!

The first one is titled "Mine" and this is the song that made me go crazy over what she writes on the piano.



This second song is simply called "You".



Ugh! So much talent I can't stand it! I can promise you the second she comes out with an actual full length album I'll be snatching it up.

I see that most of her music is centered around love which isn't unusual, 90% of what is played on the radio is, but she does it in a way that makes it seem almost original.

And as a bonus, I really enjoyed this one as well.


No comments: