Tuesday, December 21, 2010

That Moment When...

...You're awake at 3:30am and you know you have to be up for work at 7am and you're kicking yourself for passing out in bed so early after you got home yesterday evening.

Yep, that's me right now. I got home last night around 6 had dinner and passed the eff out. While I may only be averaging about 35-40hrs at work, it's surprising how much more tired I feel with the holiday rush. During the regular season we at least have a moment to catch our breath at customer service, but now we're lucky if we even get a break in a 7hr shift. That's just how insanely busy it is. But not only is it physically tiring, it's mentally exhausting as well, especially when dealing with the unreasonable customers. Hence, the need to go home and pass out.

Which brings me back to being awake in the early hours of the morning when I'm supposed to be sleeping. Instead I'm going to update my Christmas Playlist. Remember this post? Well I've found a few new songs to add. The first being one that is completely free to download which you should do immediately, because it's totally awesome.

The song is called "I Need My Baby By My Side (On Xmas Night)" by The Bumbers.



This song is very reminiscent of the 70's punk rock era with a very Christmas feel to it. So if you're like me and you loved bands like The Dead Milk Men, Black Flag and Dead Kennedys, you'll really enjoy this song. Plus, it's ridiculously catchy.

The second song I have to add is "Wish List" by The Neon Trees.


If you listen to the radio at all you've probably heard their hit "Animal" which seems to be playing on repeat. Not that I mind, I think it's a really good song but I was surprised at how great this song was as well. So if you're looking to expand your Christmas Playlist then this will be a great addition.

And last, while this song isn't exactly uplifting with Christmas spirit, I had to download it because of the artist. The song is "Alone This Holiday" by The Used.



Of course the song itself is great, jut be prepared to drown your sorrows in a cup of your grandmothers special eggnog by the time you're finished listening to it.

That's it for my Christmas Playlist update. I can't promise I'll be back before Christmas so just in case, have a great holiday and be safe!

No comments: