Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

R.I.P. Mophead, the best dog in the world. Thanks for all the fun and love Fuzzball, and for being the Hobbes to my Calvin, we'll all miss you more than you know.

I got a call tonight from my mom saying that our family dog passed away. We knew it had been coming, he started to get sick and the Vet said he had developed pretty bad dementia and there was nothing they could do for him other than put him to sleep. And until you see a dog with dementia you can't imagine how heart breaking it is to have a family pet look at you and not immediately recognize you and wag his tail at the sound of your voice.

When I visited Florida back in October I basically said my goodbyes because we all knew he wasn't going to be around much longer. I'm going to miss him like crazy.

No comments: