Thursday, October 14, 2010

Joel Burns - It Get's Better Project

I received this video in my email today from my mom with just the one line that said "This deserves 13 minutes of your time." With curiosity and interest I began to watch the video half distracted at first until the meaningful message of what Fort Worth City Councilman Joel Burns had to say hit me, and I couldn't tear my eyes away.



To see a political public figure stand up in support of gay teens and share his own story was a remarkable moment. Then to see the support of the people there at the meeting as they gave him a standing ovation was just as touching and meaningful.

I just wanted to take a moment to recognize his bravery and applaud him for standing up for what he believes in, in spite of the controversy it could cause. He became the hero so many kids, gay or straight, need right now.

No comments: