Monday, November 16, 2009

Minty Nuts...Say What?

The past week I've been on the case of the Minty Nuts. I usually pack a lunch whenever I have class all day that way I don't have to waste gas driving back home for food. Well, lately I've been keeping a small ziplock bag of mixed nuts in my backpack for munching between class. For the past week or so I couldn't figure out why the nuts taste minty (god that sounds so dirty). I thought at first that it was just me, because I grabbed the tin they came in and tried a few out of there and they tasted fine.

So, just to be safe, I threw that bag out thinking maybe they were going bad or something and filled a new bag and put them in my backpack. Once again, same problem. I was starting to get mad because I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.

Then, finally, as I was walking to class I reached into my backpack to grab a piece of gum, it hit me. The gum I chew is this super minty kind by 5. I had forgotten I put the gum in my backpack and I guess the bag of nuts were absorbing the mintiness of the gum from sitting too close together in my bag. That's the only thing I could come up with and since I took the gum out of my backpack there hasn't been any more minty nuttiness going around.

Bravo, Watson! Consider the case of the Minty Nuts solved!

No comments: