Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Post Secret Today!!!

Tune Wedgie of the Day: "Dirty Little Secret" by The All-American Rejects

I am totally stoked. Today I'm going to see Frank Warren speak at one of his PostSecret events. I have been looking forward to this for like the past 3 or 4 months now. I'm also excited because he's speaking at my cousin's university, so I'll be able to spend some time with her as well since I talked her into going with me. And luckily I bought our tickets way, way, way in advance so I have front row seats to the event, which just adds to my excitement, since I'll be like 3 ft. away from Mr. Warren. Man, that makes me sound like such a fan-girl, but I have so much respect for this guy and what he's done, that I can't help but be so excited.

I can't express enough how excited I am about this, I'm practically geeking out as I write this. I'm sure either later tonight or tomorrow morning I'll update on how the event went, but for now I'll just leave you with two of my favorite PostSecrets that I have read from Frank Warren's PostSecret website.


This first one I like so much because I want to know the story behind it. Most of the secrets I read on the site are interesting but this was the first one I had come across where I wanted to know more. Plus, I found the "You idiot" part to be very funny because it almost seems to be thrown in as an after thought. I don't know, my sense of humor is weird like that.

This second one I read while I was really struggling over the summer, and it essentially sums up my philosophy on life. You can't expect everything to be handed to you, you have to go out their and find it or create it yourself. It drives me nuts when people complain about how much their life sucks or how things aren't the way they wanted it. I just want to ask them, "Then why aren't you changing it? No one is going to fix it for you, if your life's a mess then fix it yourself, do what needs to be done to make yourself happy!" Which is where my complete dislike for "Fate" or "Destiny" comes in, I know it seems kind of contradictory since the previous secret talks about destiny, but that's another story for another post.

No comments: