Sunday, November 1, 2009

Autumn

I love the changing of the seasons. The beginning of Fall is one of my favorite times of year because of all the new sights and smells. The leaves turning different colors is so pretty, especially with all the maple trees we have around here, they turn some very radiant shades of orange and red.

In the winter the light usually shines directly into my bedroom window and I first start to see that shift from summer to winter light as Fall begins. The other morning I was laying in bed, gradually waking up and debating about rolling over and sleeping a little while longer when I slowly cracked my eyes open and caught a glimpse of bright orange, before closing my eyes again. After a moment, it registered in my brain that my entire room was filled with a bright orange light and I opened my eyes wide this time to examine where the color was coming from since nothing in my room is that color. I realized it was the light shining through the leaves in the tree outside my bedroom window and into my room.

I took a moment to appreciate how pretty the color was before forcing myself out of bed to start my morning routine. While that memory only lasted a few minutes, it was the perfect example that Fall was here in full swing and winter will soon be on it's way. Since then, most of the leaves have fallen off the trees, but every morning, I still take a second to re-live the memory of waking up to that beautiful bright orange light filling my bedroom.

No comments: