Wednesday, August 17, 2011

All I Ever Wanted

I saw Life As We Know It for the first time today and thought it was cute. A nice fluff movie that I didn't have to think while watching and could get a few laughs on the side. Essentially, a no-brainer, which I definitely needed as much as I've been working lately.

After the movie was over I let the credits roll while I straightened up until this song came on:



The second the strings started to play I was hooked and caught myself just sitting and listening to the song without even meaning to. I'm a sucker for strings and a good beat. Which this song has both, add the drawn out vocals and I was a goner. While I sat and listened I even briefly thought to myself the strings strongly reminded me of OneRepublic. So it didn't come as a shock when in my Google search it came up that the song was written by Ryan Tedder aka the frontman for OneRepublic although I was surprised to find out it was Faith Hill who was singing. To be honest though, the lyrics? Not that great, a bit too cliche for me but I figure 3 out of 4 isn't bad at all.

No comments: