Monday, February 22, 2010

Snow Day!

This morning when I woke up and looked outside to see a large amount of snow piled on my car and more coming down from the sky, the first thing that popped into my head was "SNOW DAY!" I immediately dove for my laptop to check my school email to find out if class was canceled. Sadly, it was not so I slumped of, slightly disappointed, to finish my morning routine before braving the horrible traffic conditions on my drive to campus.

About halfway through class, a guy who had his laptop out announced all classes were canceled after 12pm. Since my next class didn't start til 12:30pm I was stoked and immediately texted my mom to brag about getting the day off.

The text she sent back about the weather was hilarious, so I'm giving it to you word for word as she sent it to me.

"It says it is 28 degrees with snow & freezing fog....what the heck is freezing fog????"

I was so glad I was out of class before I read her message because I literally laughed out loud. The last thing I needed was to have read it in class and laughed in the middle of dead silence during our quiz, then having everyone stare at me.

I still don't know what freezing fog is, I had never heard of it before. I'll probably google it later and see what comes up, but for now I'm enjoying feeling like a little kid during my snow day.

No comments: